The Code of Ethics that all employees of the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister must observe
- Apply high qualities in carrying out tasks to improve the quality and productivity of the work.
- Enhance self-discipline to provide good and quality service to the organization.
- Improve skills in performing tasks and being able to adapt to the working environment.
Some principles and work ethics supported by the Deputy Prime Minister’s Office are as follows:
Melaksanakan tugas dengan penuh tanggungjawab.
Mengamalkan nilai-nilai kejujuran, keikhlasan dan keluhuran dalam semua urusan.
Mempunyai akauntabiliti yang tinggi serta bertanggungjawab di dalam menjalankan tugas tanpa menyalahgunakan kuasa dan kedudukan untuk faedah diri serta lain-lain pihak yang berkepentingan.
Sentiasa berusaha meningkatkan keilmuan, daya kreatif dan inovasi serta semangat kerja berpasukan.
Sentiasa memberi taat setia yang tidak berbelah bagi kepada jabatan dan negara demi mempertahankan imej dan kedaulatannya.
Sentiasa melaksanakan kerja dengan penuh tanggungjawab dan tidak membelakangkan kewajipan awam kerana kepentingan peribadi.
Bersedia menerima tanggungjawab pada bila-bila masa tanpa mengharapkan sebarang imbuhan atau balasan demi kepentingan jabatan dan kerajaan.
Sentiasa berkelakuan baik dan mematuhi undang-undang serta peraturan yang diguna pakai dan menepati masa.
Sentiasa menjalankan tugas dengan cekap, efektif dan
Sentiasa meningkatkan ilmu dan kemahiran bagi menghasilkan perkhidmatan yang cekap, cepat dan tepat serta memiliki ciri-ciri kreatif, inovatif, bermotivasi, berdaya saing dan akauntabiliti.
NOBLE VALUES THAT SHOULD BE APPRECIATED
Moral values that are good values and commendable as they include beliefs and behaviors that make up the personality of the individual and is shown through the manifestation of the attitude, conduct and holding of a person’s life. The values are: –
- Loyalty to the religion, race and nation
- Respect for each other
- Be humble in the association
- Give full cooperation in the discharge of its duties as a team
- Be fair, honest, considerate and courteous at all times
- Virtuous and ready to accept criticism.
GOOD CONDUCT AND MISCONDUCT
All officers and employees of the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister shall perform the functions of the job as follows:-
- Exhibit good conduct and considerate to all actions in the performance of duties that does not affect the image and reputation of the office / department.
- Behavior that is not in conflict with the law and regulations and ensure that all actions made during or after the duty is consistent with the laws and regulations applicable.
All officers and employees of the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister should refrain from committing misconduct as follows:-
- Negligent in performing their duties, that may affect the interests of the office / department.
- Intentionally in delaying action on an official directive.
- Not displaying the attitude of cooperation, dedication and commitment to the duties entrusted.
- Failure to comply with the regulations and insubordinate in the implementation of official business.
- Absent from duty without reasonable reasons.
- Receiving gifts and entertainment that are associated with the execution of official duties even received by members of his family.
CLOTHING AND OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES
All officers and employees of the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister’s must comply with the Administrative Instruction in terms of clothing as well as external activities as follows:-
- Always well-dressed, clean and polite while performing their duties in accordance with Administrative Circular on clothes.
- Always adopt a neutral attitude or not in favor of any political party and does not violate the ban as contained in the Public Officers Regulations (Conduct and Discipline) Regulations 1993.
- Always refrain from engaging in activities that violate laws and regulations or do something unethical and immoral.
CONFLICT OF INTEREST
- All officers and employees of the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister must ensure that there is no conflict of interest between personal matters and official duties performed.
- An officer or employee must obtain written permission from the Department before engaging or has any interest in any business or transaction.
- Each of the officers and staff have to declare interests and property so as not to cause any doubts and confusion on anyone in the performance of his duties.
SECURITY AND PRIVACY INFORMATION
- All officers and employees are required to maintain the security and confidentiality of information and classified documents department so that it do not pass to unrelated third parties for the sake of national security.
- All officers and employees must comply with all rules and regulations / circulars related to the Official Secrets Act 1972 as a guide to perform the task.
- Always behave decently and poise while performing their duties without making a rude conduct and indecent that raises suspicion.
- Can not use the property department / government for personal matters except with the permission.
- Refrain from engaging in activities that violate the laws.